Purple under sandbed

actorrs

View Badges
Reaction score
I just change my light yesterday and today is looking purple under and a little in top of sandbed

615CA154-B7B1-46A6-A8E9-2712DF8F1DF7.jpeg 890387A7-F6FC-4EF0-9AD4-7004AED5B3E1.jpeg

Shop Online with Zoanthids.com!

Pistol Peet

View Badges
Reaction score
There are several ways to fix this one is to siphon it out and cut back the hours that you run the lights you could also use chemi cleanbwhich gets rid of cyanobacteria but you're going to have to throw a lot to air stones in there with it

OP
actorrs

actorrs

View Badges
Reaction score
There are several ways to fix this one is to siphon it out and cut back the hours that you run the lights you could also use chemi cleanbwhich gets rid of cyanobacteria but you're going to have to throw a lot to air stones in there with it
Yes. I already make the all the first time I got the red cyano. I go to give it a couple of days if get worst I start to treat it.

Top Shelf Aquatics

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
Agree with the cyano eval, I personally dont like to use chemiclean, I would let the tank settle out and fix whatever params need to be, all tank do have a small amount of algae growing though

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Cyano and coralline. using an edge of a credit card, see itf it comes off easily or requires labor to remove.
Cyano will come right off like algae
Coralline will require labor to remove

Pistol Peet

View Badges
Reaction score
Yes. I already make the all the first time I got the red cyano. I go to give it a couple of days if get worst I start to treat it.
try increasing the flow by adding an extra powerhead and cutting the lights back by an hour or two a day and see if that helps it doesn't look like it's a terrible infestation yet It could probably be solved with the increase of flow and the cut back on lights either in the hours a day or the intensity

face

View Badges
Reaction score
You can find out if it is cyano easily, if it blows right off = cyano. If not then coralline. If its cyano then your flow is probably too low and nutrients are high.

How's your tank currently looking?

• Never better

Votes: 57 15.0%
  • Pretty good

Votes: 165 43.4%
  • Just OK

Votes: 83 21.8%
  • Not great

Votes: 42 11.1%
  • Prett Bad

Votes: 14 3.7%
  • Yuck