Purple under sandbed

actorrs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just change my light yesterday and today is looking purple under and a little in top of sandbed

615CA154-B7B1-46A6-A8E9-2712DF8F1DF7.jpeg 890387A7-F6FC-4EF0-9AD4-7004AED5B3E1.jpeg

Pistol Peet

Reefing , family ,God, country.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not trying to be rude just trying to give you the information I have I see no coralline algae on the rocks or on the glass the tank looks pretty new from the picture and I would be willing to guess that it is a cyanobacteria

Pistol Peet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are several ways to fix this one is to siphon it out and cut back the hours that you run the lights you could also use chemi cleanbwhich gets rid of cyanobacteria but you're going to have to throw a lot to air stones in there with it

Pistol Peet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can also try to add flow in the aquarium in strategic areas where you see the purple to try to get rid of it as well

OP
OP
actorrs

actorrs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are several ways to fix this one is to siphon it out and cut back the hours that you run the lights you could also use chemi cleanbwhich gets rid of cyanobacteria but you're going to have to throw a lot to air stones in there with it
Yes. I already make the all the first time I got the red cyano. I go to give it a couple of days if get worst I start to treat it.

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with the cyano eval, I personally dont like to use chemiclean, I would let the tank settle out and fix whatever params need to be, all tank do have a small amount of algae growing though

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Cyano and coralline. using an edge of a credit card, see itf it comes off easily or requires labor to remove.
Cyano will come right off like algae
Coralline will require labor to remove

Pistol Peet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. I already make the all the first time I got the red cyano. I go to give it a couple of days if get worst I start to treat it.
try increasing the flow by adding an extra powerhead and cutting the lights back by an hour or two a day and see if that helps it doesn't look like it's a terrible infestation yet It could probably be solved with the increase of flow and the cut back on lights either in the hours a day or the intensity

face

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
You can find out if it is cyano easily, if it blows right off = cyano. If not then coralline. If its cyano then your flow is probably too low and nutrients are high.

Back