putting live rock in qt

William Chiavetta

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 10, 2024
Messages
760
Reaction score
807
Location
Raleigh
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My qt tank is fully empty and I don't plan to use it for a while. I was thinking that I could put some live rock in there to make sure nothing bad comes out in my DT and burrows. I also don't know how great the live rock from the NC coast is
 
From what little I know, and have heard, the biggest problem would be that once a QT tank have been treated with Copper, the copper will always be in the live rock. SO, if you ever wanted to put back in the display tank, that would not be possible as it would leach copper out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new