PVC Bottom DIY Rimless Shallow Reef

Jaag

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 21, 2015
Messages
476
Reaction score
158
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sup guys?
So I am going to be building a shallow reef tank. The dimensions will be 36x24x12. I will be using starphire glass on the front and two sides, regular glass on the back and I want to put PVC on the bottom anyone have any experience with that?
Is there any difference in putting it together? Do I still use silicone on the bottom? What is the process?
Also where would I find the PVC bottom and to be truthful I do not even really know what it is called? Is it just PVC or is it some type of PVC and glass?
Any help (as you can see would be appreciated).
I have made an all glass tank before and am pretty good with my hands and tools. I am not too worried about the work and craftsmanship.
Thank you in advanced.
 
type 1 pvc sheet - any plastic sheet supplier should have pvc sheet
 
That will be awesome if is white but how clean will stay
 
Last edited:
correction just saw that there is white at the url above but have to purchase full sheet..
 
You would still need to figure out how you are going to use a uv curable adhesive.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new