Pvc piping questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fredrxn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Fredrxn

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2021
Messages
685
Reaction score
190
Location
Broadview heights, OH
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys about to hook up my reef factory m to my waterbox marine x 110...is all pvc pipe safe for reef tanks or dose it have to be a certain kind? And what pvc glue should I use? Is this union safe to use in my tank? Thanks

Screenshot_20250421_152928_Amazon Shopping.jpg
 
PVC is safe. I know of none that is not safe. The union is fine.
 
you want to use regular standard pvc (schedule 40) or the thick wall stuff (schedule 80).

I have used cpvc in the past on return lines, but they got brittle after a couple of years
 
PVC is safe. I know of none that is not safe. The union is fine.
What kind of pvc glue should I use do I need primer
any pvc glue is ok. You really don't need primer at the low pressures our tanks work at. Of course someone is going to say that's crazy you need primer. Your choice.
Thanks for the info and the help
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new