Pygmy angel or McCoskers add order

joshyross70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the title asks, would it be better to add on first over the other? Going into a 34 Gallon with a black ice clown already there.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the title asks, would it be better to add on first over the other? Going into a 34 Gallon with a black ice clown already there.

The pygmy may become problematic in a tank that small. Become rather aggressive.

Just to be sure, flame back, cherub?

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is small for the mccosker. I had a red lined flasher and he didn’t do well in my 32g. My flameback is doing great though it’s only been a couple of weeks.
If you do go ahead, put the angel in last.

OP
OP
J

joshyross70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a McCoskers before and was great but it jumped out one night that I didn't not put the mesh lid back on

joec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a Pink streaked wrasse for that size tank, they are great. Flashers really need a 3' tank

Krzydmnd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suggest the cherub should go in after the wrasse is established, if you're sold on those two fish. I have a Cherub in a 60g and he THINKS he's the boss, although when pushed, he backs off. He stands up well to bigger, more aggressive fish, which is to say that one might boss more timid Wrasse around a good bit.

Very active and super fun to watch, but they can be temperamental. I spent the first month watching him VERY closely because he was so curious about everything. has yet to even touch any coral, but he investigates everything that comes in.

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a flameback angel and he has so far been a model citizen. He hasn’t harassed any tank mates (all docile fish), including sharing a cave sometimes with my firefish. He also hasn’t even glanced at a coral. He has only been in for 2 weeks though.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back