Pygmy Wrasse Behavior

Adriifu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I’ve had this Pygmy wrasse for a few months now. Everything’s been fine up until a few days ago. I couldn’t find her anywhere. Last night, I saw that she attached herself to the side of a rock. I assumed she was sleeping, so I left her alone. She’s usually out and about in the morning, but she’s in the same place as she was last night. I poked her and she moved to the live rock. After a while, she was back in that spot. Does anyone know what’s going on? I’m getting my water tested today, but everything should be normal. The clownfish and goby/pistol shrimp are all acting normally. All of my coral is doing amazing.

EDIT: Seems like she’s just moving back and forth between that spot and the other. @Humblefish You’ve helped me before, I believe. It was with a fang blenny issue. I’d appreciate it if you could help out. Thank you! I’m going to my LFS today to ask for help as well. I was planning on getting a new fish for this tank after the blenny died. I’ve got the quarantine set up. I just don’t know what to do about the wrasse.

5D3777AB-6BBC-45B0-95D7-1AC603A9064D.jpeg

BB5DCB29-B22C-47BD-A077-0A656AE80717.jpeg

Last edited:

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you recently added anything to the tank?

Is the fish eating at all?

OP
OP
A

Adriifu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you recently added anything to the tank?

Is the fish eating at all?
Nothing has been added to the tank for about three months. I previously had an issue with internal parasites, which caused my blenny to die. However, I treated the entire tank for it and haven’t had issues since then. I fed the tank a few days ago and she wasn’t out to eat any of it. I didn’t know where she was at the time, but I’m assuming she was in this spot. I think if she was able to see the food, she’d eat it. She’s always been a good eater. Her feces has always been normal as well.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back