Pyram snails

  • Thread starter Thread starter safedad
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

safedad

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 1, 2008
Messages
35
Reaction score
7
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently found a couple of pyram snails on one of my two maxima clams. I picked them off and scrubbed the shell with a toothbrush (in a bowl of aqaurium water). I haven't seen any more or any signs of egg sacks for over a week. Both of my maximas look fine.

Have any of you had luck with using a wrasse to keep these in check?

The six line seems to be the most refrenced, but others are listed as well. Some references say they work. Others comment that they sleep at night when the snails come out. I saw the first snail one day and then the second a couple of days later.
Thanks,
Bob
 
i have a couple of wrasses, but i dont see them picking at the clams or snails. i just brush of the snails every couple days or so.

btw, what do the egg sacks look like?
 
I had the same problem..that is until I got a Green Coris wrasse..check this great picture out. Needless to say, a couple days later no more pyramid snails..

DSC00483.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new