Pyramid butterfly fish advice.

Notsolostfish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2014
Messages
2,964
Reaction score
801
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s a butterfly fish pyramid black butterfly that is quarantined, healthy, and big. Only issue is that it eats TDO pellets and no frozen.

Is that a concern? Or should i get it? Its literally one of my favorite fish, but i wanted to see what you guys think about that? The owner said i have to buy TDO pellets because thats all the fish been eating. Before it wasn’t even eatint anything
 
Last edited:
What kind of butterfly, copperband? For a butterfly fish that's pretty good. It's still going to need a good amount of fiber in its diet. If it's only eating TDO I'm not sure if it will be sufficient long term. It's a really good start though.
 
What kind of butterfly, copperband? For a butterfly fish that's pretty good. It's still going to need a good amount of fiber in its diet. If it's only eating TDO I'm not sure if it will be sufficient long term. It's a really good start though.
Pyramid black butterfly,
 
I'm no expert, so let's hope others jump in lol.

I think the TDO is great. I would work hard to introduce fiber. Nori or other high fiber pellets or food.
The owner been trying hard to feed live snd the fish refusing. Im going to get it. Hopefully it wont die
 
I would definitely recommend mixing in some sinking high fiber pellets in with the TDO pellets, and gradually pulling away from the TDO to get it more accustomed to other foods. It might take a few weeks to months but as long as you keep at it I'm sure it will start accepting other foods. Best of luck!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new