Pyramid Butterfly

  • Thread starter Thread starter tclogston
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tclogston

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 20, 2019
Messages
35
Reaction score
15
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had one or these and if so do you know they eat aptasia? I’ve read several conflicting articles...also want to make sure it is reef safe.

My fie fish won’t touch the aptasia and my luck with CBB‘s has been less than stellar.

Thanks in advance,

Troy
 
I’ve had them also in my tank. Don’t know about eating apistasia but mine were definitely reef safe. Never touched anything in my tank. Sadly I lost them recently and been looking for more ever since. Prices began to rise on these fish recently I have seen. Cheapest price I’ve seen recently was $99. Beleive it or not I paid $20 each for mine and I had 3. I’ll keep on looking
 
I have two. I do not have aptasia in my tank, so can't say they do, but I have heard they will also eat xenia, so it could be true. Mine will eat nori off the clip, so they do eat things attached and not strictly a planktivore.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new