Pyramid snails?

Titleist1964

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2022
Messages
352
Reaction score
246
Location
02852
What state or country do you live in
Rhode Island
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stopped by my LFS yesterday looking for a few Trochus snails, he said he was putting an order in for what he called a "Pyramid snail". Do some shops call them by this name? I really couldn't find much about them.
 
It's hard to say what any LFS will call anything that it sells. Some LFS are really good at it and some are terrible and don't care as long as stuff sells.

I would assume that this is them getting the name 'kind of' wrong. But until you see the snails they get in, it's impossible to tell.
 
I've seen the term pyramid snail used to refer to parasitic snails that attack things like clams, and to refer to Tectus genus snails (which are CUC snails). I don't think I've ever heard it used to refer to Trochus snails, so I have to agree that the store probably either got the name wrong or were offering you an alternative (though I have no idea how Tectus spp. compare to Trochus spp. for CUC purposes). As mentioned, there's no real way to know until the store gets them in for you to see.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 35.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new