QM Labs Captive Bred Purple Tang

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Nutramar Foods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Purple Tang was bred and reared in our state-of-the-art aquaculture hatchery in Los Angeles. This species is vigorously eating Nutramar Dry Foods, Nutramar Nori and Gamma Frozen Foods. All in all, the Purple Tang can be a great, hardy, and beautiful addition to the reef aquarium. With proper tank maintenance, design, and feeding habits the aquarist can have tremendous success with these cultured beauties of the Red Sea. Given the right conditions they can be a remarkably hardy tang and will thrive in their captive environments. Click here to learn more
2239161.jpg

tangs123tangs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bea
The Purple Tang was bred and reared in our state-of-the-art aquaculture hatchery in Los Angeles. This species is vigorously eating Nutramar Dry Foods, Nutramar Nori and Gamma Frozen Foods. All in all, the Purple Tang can be a great, hardy, and beautiful addition to the reef aquarium. With proper tank maintenance, design, and feeding habits the aquarist can have tremendous success with these cultured beauties of the Red Sea. Given the right conditions they can be a remarkably hardy tang and will thrive in their captive environments. Click here to learn more
2239161.jpg
beautiful fish. I just added a captive purple to my 250 gallon.

He’s a baby. Only 1-2 inches or so. Very active fish. Eats a lot. Loves nori. His coloration however is quite flat. His tail is more of a goldish hue as opposed to bright yellow. Also his purple body is not so bright. Is this a typical characteristic of baby purple tangs and they will develop more color as they get older ? Or is this what I am to expect because he is captive bred?

OP
OP
Nutramar Foods

Nutramar Foods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a pic
We are glad to see your captive-bred purple tang is eating and is doing well! These fish will have slightly muted coloration as juveniles, but will color up as adults. We recommend feeding a variety of foods to ensure that your fish has a well-rounded diet. These foods would include nori (seaweed), frozen foods, and pelleted food made specifically for herbivorous fish (such as Nutramar Algae & Color Boost Shots). One additional note is that your tank looks like is using mainly blue light, which is great for coral, but due to the narrow band of wavelength LEDs produce, can result in fish coloration looking muted and certain coloration not standing out as much as in white light.

OP
OP
Nutramar Foods

Nutramar Foods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the difference between Captive Bred label and Aqucultured label?
The terms Captive Bred and Aquaculture are frequently used synonymously in the aquarium hobby and trade.

Aquaculture is the controlled cultivation or farming for commercial purposes of aquatic organisms such as fish, crustaceans, mollusks, corals and algae.

Aquaculture can be performed in a variety of environments from land based open flow through systems, in ocean environments utilizing net pens, large baskets, or racks (as it pertains to coral aquaculture), and in closed, recirculating systems to name a few.

Captive-bred is a part of Aquaculture, where marine fish are born in captivity, from parents maintained in aquariums.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 90 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back