QT Angel and Tang together tips?

DSmithZ28

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 15, 2016
Messages
411
Reaction score
220
Location
Mississippi
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to be getting a bristletooth tang and a flame angel in on Tuesday and have established a 10 gallon QT tank. It has all the components that are widely listed for a QT on this forum. Amonia is 0 right now and I have a sechem test in the tank. I also have a lot of bio spira on hand also and already put some in the tank. Everything seems very stable right now. So I read that the angel does not like copper. So if these two come in and I observe nothing on them should I not treat the QT with copper because of the Angel? Should I lower the salinity? I know that keeping salinity stable in a small tank is hard but I spent a lot on the tang and I don't want stupidity to kill it either. Thanks for any help.
 
I have found that angels can handle copper if it is ramped up slowly. Take a week or two to bring copper levels up and it should be fine. If it seems to be getting stressed due to copper you can always run carbon to remove it.
 
^Yes and in a 10 gal just be sure to watch your ammonia alert badge. Tolerate nothing but yellow.

:)
 
Is it necessary to put copper in a QT for the month if there is no signs of parasites?
 
They may still be carriers without showing symptoms.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new