QT Angel and Tang together tips?

DSmithZ28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to be getting a bristletooth tang and a flame angel in on Tuesday and have established a 10 gallon QT tank. It has all the components that are widely listed for a QT on this forum. Amonia is 0 right now and I have a sechem test in the tank. I also have a lot of bio spira on hand also and already put some in the tank. Everything seems very stable right now. So I read that the angel does not like copper. So if these two come in and I observe nothing on them should I not treat the QT with copper because of the Angel? Should I lower the salinity? I know that keeping salinity stable in a small tank is hard but I spent a lot on the tang and I don't want stupidity to kill it either. Thanks for any help.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found that angels can handle copper if it is ramped up slowly. Take a week or two to bring copper levels up and it should be fine. If it seems to be getting stressed due to copper you can always run carbon to remove it.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^Yes and in a 10 gal just be sure to watch your ammonia alert badge. Tolerate nothing but yellow.

:)

OP
OP
DSmithZ28

DSmithZ28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it necessary to put copper in a QT for the month if there is no signs of parasites?

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 194 71.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.6%
Back