QT BTA

NoobReeefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can i qt a BTA for 16 days with a par 38 led light.....like the ones people use on refugiums?

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you QT’ing the BTA against? Fish parasites or something for the BTA especially? I’m curious why you are QTing for 16 days specifically

OP
OP
N

NoobReeefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you QT’ing the BTA against? Fish parasites or something for the BTA especially? I’m curious why you are QTing for 16 days specifically
its possible for the free swimmer stage of ich to be in the anemone so by QTing for 16 days you starve em out and they die

OP
OP
N

NoobReeefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
never mind the original question i was able to borrow and older AI Nano light from a local dude so im good there....next question, my tank is currently fallow for another 40ish days, i dont wanna keep the BTA in qt that long so i plan on 16 days then in the display it goes. The BTA is in a coral tamer which is basically a stemless wine glass, im pretty sure the encrusting stage of ich can stick to glass so i should take the BTA out of the coral tamer and scrub it with bleach then let it dry and put the BTA back in it right before it goes into the display.....correct.?

OP
OP
N

NoobReeefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
never mind the original question i was able to borrow and older AI Nano light from a local dude so im good there....next question, my tank is currently fallow for another 40ish days, i dont wanna keep the BTA in qt that long so i plan on 16 days then in the display it goes. The BTA is in a coral tamer which is basically a stemless wine glass, im pretty sure the encrusting stage of ich can stick to glass so i should take the BTA out of the coral tamer and scrub it with bleach then let it dry and put the BTA back in it right before it goes into the display.....correct.?
anyone...? i removed it from the coral tamer on day 2 and its currently day 9...can i put it back in the tamer now or should i put it back in the tamer right before i add it to my DT...
thanks

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 57 29.4%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 42 21.6%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 22 11.3%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back