QT Clownfish (two) are bot twitching and swimmer erratically

Exus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm currently QT-ing my new Premium Gladiator Clownfishs, I just got home and noticed that my clowns were twitching and swimming erratically, both of them are. Is there something wrong? They aren't always swimming together and would separate and come back together, so I'm not sure if their trying to pair up. This is a cycled QT system, with just the clownfish and no medication yet. Had them for about 5 days.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi , looks like normal clown behavior to me
are they eating ?
seems like they are really close in size ,may become a problem if so ?
also looks like one is a mocha gladiator.

Anthony Scholfield

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your clownfish look fine to me! they are just being clowns, haha, but for real clownfish can be quite weird. Also, it looks as if they are chasing their reflection in the bottom of the tank.

ReefLife_Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This freaked me out the first time I saw it too! Someone told me it is a courtship behavior, not sure if that is the only reason they do it but it is completely normal. Go to YouTube and search for clownfish courting behavior, you will find lots of videos of little clownfish having what look like “seizures” to me hahaha

wculver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm currently QT-ing my new Premium Gladiator Clownfishs, I just got home and noticed that my clowns were twitching and swimming erratically, both of them are. Is there something wrong? They aren't always swimming together and would separate and come back together, so I'm not sure if their trying to pair up. This is a cycled QT system, with just the clownfish and no medication yet. Had them for about 5 days.

That's definitely aggressive and looking at the reflection. I would imagine at some point they stop seeing that as a threat.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.7%
Back