Qt Done!

Netotek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been quarantining my Tuxedo urchin for 76days as of today. So FINALLY I can add him to the DT.
IMG_0787.jpeg

It has been what feels like forever but I’m super excited to add him to the DT.

I want to keep the QT running so I can quarantine some fish and CUC that I want to add next. But I’m not sure when that will be since my LFS is out of stock for the fish I want to add.

Should I move the tuxedo right away?
Can I keep the tank empty until the new fish is in stock?

I’m also going away for the weekend so I was thinking of moving him to the new tank after I come back, just so there’s no changes to the system right before I leave..

Thoughts?

K1utch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have this week to watch it I see no reason why you shouldn't go ahead. Just keep an eye on it and if there's an issue you notice before you leave put him back in but you can definitely keep the tank running.

OP
OP
Netotek

Netotek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have this week to watch it I see no reason why you shouldn't go ahead. Just keep an eye on it and if there's an issue you notice before you leave put him back in but you can definitely keep the tank running.
Do I need to do anything special to the empty QT tank to make sure that the tank doesn’t crash? It’s more of an observation tank and it’s cycled and been running great.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 55 25.3%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 53 24.4%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 53 24.4%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 52 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back