QT Filtration and Cooling

  • Thread starter Thread starter ecas12
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ecas12

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2022
Messages
94
Reaction score
34
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are some recommendations for a screen top that can fit an Aqueon 24"x12" 20 gallon aquarium with room for a HOB filter? I currently have some cheap reptile screen top I bought on Amazon that I cut a space out for the HOB filter on, but the air stone in my QT is spitting water onto the top and it is causing it to rust. Also, my QT tank tends to get a bit warm (79-80) when my target temp is around 78 degrees. Again, I bought a cheap aquarium cooling fan from Amazon but it doesn't really seem to be doing the trick. What are some reasonably priced options for both pieces of these equipment?
 
A QT should be at 81 degrees F (checked with 2 thermometers). As for a lid, I used a mesh lid kit from BRS for my current tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new