QT on CP for Cardinal and Chromis

balajeek15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went and got three tiny green chromis and two Cardinalfish, just put them on the 20gal QT, I usually do the CP for 27 days and going to do the same for this batch with this 5 fishes.

Is CP okay for this fishes?

inktomi

ReefMan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a second tank/set of equipment you could use then you don't even need the cupramine. You could do the tank-transfer method instead.

As best I can tell, both the chromis and cardinalfish should do fine with cupramine. You do need to make sure to have it at the full-strength does for 30 days - so you might need to factor that in given that you need to ramp up the dosage a few days.

OP
OP
balajeek15

balajeek15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I meant Chloroquine Phosphate (CP) which i have been using it for few now with 3 batches so far.

OP
OP
balajeek15

balajeek15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think cardinal don't do well in CP

Why? Okay, here is the update.
Precious Sunday i did WC and added CP to compensate the new water, 2 days later one cardinal seen stuck in the return filter dead, again last Sunday did another WC and added CP, today 2 days later the other cardinal is dead, seen stuck in circulation pump. I can't think of anything else, i have 3 small chromis in the same QT and its fine so far.

The quantity of CP i dosed is 40mg/gal

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back