QT question

JasonK7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have a couple of clownfish in QT. They have been acclimating to the tank for about 4-5 days. I was about to begin with copper when I notice white stringy feces from one of the clownfish. The fish is also not eating from what I can see. It will constantly take the food in and spit it back out. I have Prazipro and Metroplex. Should I treat with this first or with copper at the same time?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the fish have no sign of velvet, ich, or Brook, I'd consider treating the possible internal pathogens first.

Prazi + Metro dosed into the water since the fish is not eating it the path to follow.

Make sure to add additional O2 as the Prazi will use O2 from the water column. A powerhead aimed up to the surface so that it is actively rippling the water's surface will give the fish the highest O2 exchange.

OP
OP
JasonK7

JasonK7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the fish have no sign of velvet, ich, or Brook, I'd consider treating the possible internal pathogens first.

Prazi + Metro dosed into the water since the fish is not eating it the path to follow.

Make sure to add additional O2 as the Prazi will use O2 from the water column. A powerhead aimed up to the surface so that it is actively rippling the water's surface will give the fish the highest O2 exchange.

I haven’t seen signs of any other diseases. Should I just dose what is recommended or slowly introduce both medications?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t seen signs of any other diseases. Should I just dose what is recommended or slowly introduce both medications?
The Prazi + Metro needs to be fully dosed to be effective as designed.

When you get to the copper dosing that's a different story as after all it is a poison and needs to be slowly, very slowly brought up to therapeutic to watch for "copper sensitivity" of individual fish.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JasonK7

JasonK7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Prazi + Metro needs to be fully dosed to be effective as designed.

When you get to the copper dosing that's a different story as after it is a poison and needs to be slowly, very slowly brought up to therapeutic to watch for "copper sensitivity" of individual fish.

Thank you!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back