qt

SNAKEMANVET

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who here also qt .I now make it a must .I just placed a pink tail trigger that went through qt dosed with cp.After 2 weeks in 80mg/g I reduced the dosage to 40mg/g and then added prazipro for the other 3 weeks.The trigger is now in the dt,and looks great.From now on everything I buy will go through qt.Corals, inverts and liverock will go in a fallow setup with no fish for 12 weeks.

nanojosh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started a qt 3 months ago but both the fish didn't make it on account of marine ich. After reading a thread on here I've had the tank sitting with no fish for the 60 days as suggested in the thread in the disease treatment forum.

55 gal mixed reef 10 gal SPS Dom.
10 gal nem tank 2 maxi minis 2 rock flower and one sunburst RBTA

Sent from some device using some app

Sassy Jenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am now using coppermine and malachite blue. This is beening done on every new fish that comes our way now. It seems to work very well. I do agree with the sep tank first before going into your main tank. It sure does save a lot of headaches in the end!

nanojosh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What meds were you using in qt.

SeaChem's focus I was out if metronidazole. If I had some maybe my fish would have made it

OP
OP
S

SNAKEMANVET

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nanojosh,try to get some cp chloroquine phosphate,I read a lot of people have had great results,my pinktail trigger was covered in ich,and 3 days into treatment all spots were gone,it was in qt for a month.It is now in the 240 doing great.

nanojosh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nanojosh,try to get some cp chloroquine phosphate,I read a lot of people have had great results,my pinktail trigger was covered in ich,and 3 days into treatment all spots were gone,it was in qt for a month.It is now in the 240 doing great.

Thanks I was wondering what I should use before I get my next fish. Ill definately look into that.

OP
OP
S

SNAKEMANVET

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine off ebay,just be careful who you buy it from,I used the 99% pure.Tablets are a 50/50.You want the powder form.

OP
OP
S

SNAKEMANVET

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would have to run the treatment for 28 days,if ich is present you need to dose at 80mg/g,if not dose at 40mg/g. Another good thing about cp is it don't mess with your filtration/good bacteria.

Last edited:

TechDiver

Algae Grower
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I quarantine mine in a floating plastic bag for 45 minutes to an hour when I get them home. :xd:

On a serious note: I did have a quarantine, but that is no longer running. I haven't added new specimens in a long time and really didn't use it. I have been lucky as far as diseases go, but the fish I picked out are pretty easy to keep. I still have the first saltwater fish I ever bought (knock on wood). I do think that the quarantine is the way to go especially if you have tangs or other specimens that get stressed easy and need frequent TLC.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 167 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back