QT

jer8150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I QT new fish without using copper safe or any type of meds, if no signs of anything wrong show up can the fish be put in main tank. new to hobby.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I know people do use a quarantine tank only for observation.
I have been through a couple of devastating fish loses because of ick and velvet, so to me as long as I have them in a quarantine tank, I figure I might as well do copper and what ever other treatment they need.
But I can understand being new to the hobby and being leary of dealing with chemicals and the testing, etc.
Doing a observation qt tank is better than not doing anything.

OP
OP
J

jer8150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know people do use a quarantine tank only for observation.
I have been through a couple of devastating fish loses because of ick and velvet, so to me as long as I have them in a quarantine tank, I figure I might as well do copper and what ever other treatment they need.
But I can understand being new to the hobby and being leary of dealing with chemicals and the testing, etc.
Doing a observation qt tank is better than not doing anything.
Thank you
Can I QT new fish without using copper safe or any type of meds, if no signs of anything wrong show up can the fish be put in main tank. new to hobby.
Thank you

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with mfinn. I too have been through velvet and lost many fish so it's copper for me but many folks do observation without treatment. I did it with my copper banded butterfly I added months ago but it was the first fish in a new set up so there was no risk to the fish I managed to save from the velvet outbreak that I had earlier.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 80.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 8.3%
Back