QT'ing Fish in CANADA

czoolander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently purchased an Adorned wrasse and Choclate Tang. Now I do have some Cupramine that I will use to copper treat but after this bottle is gone I have no fish medicine to treat with. Also I have never treated any fish for internal parasites as again fish medicine is banned in Canada.

Does anyone have any suggestions around this ?

My plan is to just copper treat and have my fish in QT for 35 days and just visually inspect them then plop and drop in the display. It really is brutal that my government decided to ban all fish medicine. Not sure whose genius idea this was and for what reason?????

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey my reef channel is southern Ontario palms and tropicals and I have videos on meds here also. I have coppersafe kanaplex prazipro. General cure furan 2 ich x and quick ich x so formallin based meds. Easy to get. Just google search the meds and Canada after it. I either get them from Amazon or eBay now the ticket is. Know a head of time. Some meds work covid abs borders take a month so order away before you purchase the fish. Also some of the meds come from Canadian sellers as well

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh. They may be banned but importing them is nonissue at all stock up

OP
OP
czoolander

czoolander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh. They may be banned but importing them is nonissue at all stock up
I have not seen cupramine or prazipro available for sale on amazon.ca . What am I missing here? I searched many Canadian sites and do not see available for sale . Hmmm I will do more searching tonight

Dierker2003

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently purchased an Adorned wrasse and Choclate Tang. Now I do have some Cupramine that I will use to copper treat but after this bottle is gone I have no fish medicine to treat with. Also I have never treated any fish for internal parasites as again fish medicine is banned in Canada.

Does anyone have any suggestions around this ?

My plan is to just copper treat and have my fish in QT for 35 days and just visually inspect them then plop and drop in the display. It really is brutal that my government decided to ban all fish medicine. Not sure whose genius idea this was and for what reason?????
I was able to get copper power right off Amazon prime took 2 days. For internal I got general cure and furan 2 off eBay from the states. Took about 3 weeks to come no issues though.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back