Quanta Helix dimming with Apex Base unit trouble

  • Thread starter Thread starter slojmn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2009
Messages
1,746
Reaction score
485
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set up two Quanta Helix Bars and wired them to the Apex Dimming cable. I programmed the variable output 1 for on/off based on a thread I read where someone couldn’t get their light to dim and after programming one output for on/off it worked. Then I programmed the variable output 2 with the wand and created a graph for dimming through the day. I kept everything 20% or higher per Luca’s video regarding the Meanwell driver needs. I am getting one Helix bar to come on but it is staying at 100% with no dimming. The other Bar won’t light up at all and appears to be some issue with the wiring. I would at least like to get the problem with the bar that seems correctly wired and coming on at 100% to work with the dimming program I set up.
I have both bars plugged into my EB832 for plain old on/off function.

Here is my program for the variable outlets 1 and 2. I’m sure I’m doing something wrong, I just don’t know what. Any help is appreciated.
IMG_2747.png
IMG_2746.png
 
The power should be controlled by an AC outlet on an EB or EB832, then connect the dimming wires to the lights and use V1/2 or V3/4 for dimming. Black wire from apex is + and red wire -, just match the same on the Helix lights. For dimming/schedule, just use a simple 4 point schedule.
Screen Shot 2025-12-13 at 9.15.47 AM.png
 
Thanks so much. That is pretty much what I did but still couldn’t get it to work. I’m sure it is user error. Luca at Quanta is working on a controller for his lights for dimming so I’m going to wait for that to come out and not bother with the Apex for now.
 
Thanks so much. That is pretty much what I did but still couldn’t get it to work. I’m sure it is user error. Luca at Quanta is working on a controller for his lights for dimming so I’m going to wait for that to come out and not bother with the Apex for now.
Did you test the driver dim circuit?
That's a Meanwell dimmable driver right?

This light came with manual dimmer. Does that work?
 
Did you figure out how to get the apex to auto dim the quanta bars? I’m in the same boat, wanted to know if the apex pro will auto dim the lights without using lucas new manual dim switch.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new