Quanta lights

  • Thread starter Thread starter bball34
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bball34

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2019
Messages
8
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting ready to order Quanta helix 4 light bar set up. 2 Meso blues and 2 reef crest. Was wondering if any running this set could post the settings you are using for your lights. It is a mixed reef mostly zoas and sps. Thanks
 
I've had this exact setup for about a week now. Love it!!! I don't have a par meter but it is brighter than my previous bars. Using the included dimmers I have the bars at 50-60%. I'll gradually turn them up but I doubt I'll go to 100%. I'll probably get the new quanta controller when it comes out in Nov. to ramp and time them.
 
Great thank you. Glad to hear the lights are working out. Makes me more confident in my decision. You running them on a control or a simple timer setup?
 
Just four timers. Staggered start staggered shut off. I definitely am looking forward to Quanta's new controller to handle ramping.
 
Quanta's are awesome! I've been using their "pro" version bars for several years with the Atlas. You can control the Helix with 0-10v dimming, via apex, hydros, etc. The new panel fixtures should be dropping very soon. Get on IG or FB to see the latest info.
 
Sounds exciting and all. Remember, all new techs on paper is always beyond and above. Its the long term use of the product/s will tell.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new