Quarantine problems

Victor Guyton

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2019
Messages
117
Reaction score
29
What state or country do you live in
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep losing my fish in qt. Treatment is Cupramine and sometimes PraziPro. I don't use Prazi but once a week if I use it. My fish will be fine for a week and then they just crash. Ammonia not 0 but .05-.25. Ph is 8.2. Salt 1.026
 
Hello friend. I personally am not the best at qt. I generally don’t treat fish unless they show some signs of a problem. Usually a fresh water dip, then in qt for a observation period. I find the medication is pretty stressful on the fish and I personally don’t treat unless needed. But again- I may not have the best practice for this. Just wanted to share what I do. Good luck friend and happy reefing!
 
Do you use Prime?
Per the site:
Do not use any products which contain reducing agents (conditioners, ammonia binders, etc.) while using Cupramine.

I also dont use copper. 36 hrTTM and Prazi 2x in 14 days
 
Hello friend. I personally am not the best at qt. I generally don’t treat fish unless they show some signs of a problem. Usually a fresh water dip, then in qt for a observation period. I find the medication is pretty stressful on the fish and I personally don’t treat unless needed. But again- I may not have the best practice for this. Just wanted to share what I do. Good luck friend and happy reefing!
My goal is to have another achilles so qt is required
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 11 6.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 59 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new