Quarantine Tank Filter Needs?

AmatuerAuer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2015
Messages
349
Reaction score
48
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

I am going to set up my 29g tall as a QT tank for my 120g DT. I have a fluval canister filter that I was planning to use with some carbon, and phosphate filter media as well as some sponges.

If I use that canister filter, a powerhead, heater, and cheap light would that be sufficient?

The plan is to run the tank 24x7. I dont plan to use it often as I already have a few fish in the tank that have been there for months and are doing well. If I dont need to dose copper and get out of the woods in terms of stocking the tank I will break it down and use it when needed and/or use it as a sump for my frag tank. I have a 40g breeder that I was hoping to use as a frag tank but that

Any other ideas/thoughts/comments/concerns are welcome!

Thanks,
AA
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new