Quarantine tank size?

Zbutcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks, this is going to be a pain for me to do TTM with all things considered the size of the current tank and size of my fish.

But what is the most reasonably sized tank for quarantining these fish for TTM. keeping in mind the sheer amount of salt and water and ill be dealing with and the size of the tanks?

Powder blue
Purple tang
White tail bristletooth
Baby mandarin
2 clowns
1 springer damsel
1 cleaner wrassed

The tanks are all juveniles about 2 inches in size from tip to tail.

Thanks.

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try a 55 or 40 breeder? Kind of big for QT but w/ 3 tangs and a damsel for ~70 days... may be needed.

OP
OP
Z

Zbutcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try a 55 or 40 breeder? Kind of big for QT but w/ 3 tangs and a damsel for ~70 days... may be needed.
with the 3 tangs for sure. The damsel is small maybe an inch and not aggressive at all thankfully.

I just dont know if a 40 breeder is too small. With me in canada getting meds is already hard enough plus with the mandarin and wrasse i think TTM is the best.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
with the 3 tangs for sure. The damsel is small maybe an inch and not aggressive at all thankfully.

I just dont know if a 40 breeder is too small. With me in canada getting meds is already hard enough plus with the mandarin and wrasse i think TTM is the best.
Bigshow Frags has chloroquine phosphate. And you can get Nox-Ich, Copper Power, and Reef Rally Pro off of Amazon. I know it's not everything you need, but still.

2x40g (or 55g) still seems awfully big, especially for TTM. I guess that RODI water load is doable with a three-day changeover if you have some type of stopper so you can run the water without danger of overflow. Can you do a 30g with dividers? Or are the tangs too big at this point?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Z

Zbutcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bigshow Frags has chloroquine phosphate. And you can get Nox-Ich, Copper Power, and Reef Rally Pro off of Amazon. I know it's not everything you need, but still.

2x40g (or 55g) still seems awfully big, especially for TTM. I guess that RODI water load is doable with a three-day changeover if you have some type of stopper so you can run the water without danger of overflow. Can you do a 30g with dividers? Or are the tangs too big at this point?
Holy **** they actually!

Out of curiosity do you know how pure or how much to dose per gallon type thing?

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy **** they actually!

Out of curiosity do you know how pure or how much to dose per gallon type thing?
Jay Hemdal has written some guides on this and there are a few threads on this site, as well. I believe that the dosage is in the 0.1 g range for 10g tanks, so it's recommended that you buy a good scale that can measure in the microgram range if you don't already have one. I've already ordered my doses, as I'm not sure the company will continue to stock this.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't you mention in another thread that you have a 75 gallon hanging around. Use this as the quarantine/holding tank while your display tank goes fallow for 76 days after you do the TTM. Use 3 Brute totes or 5-gallon Home Depot/Lowes buckets for the TTM. Don't make it more difficult or costly than you have to.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back