Quarantine tank

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a all in one 20 gallon tank I plan to use for a quarantine tank, since it’s already got a filtration system using filter socks can I just use it as is instead of adding a hob filter ?

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming this is going to be a sump for a tank that's 40g or larger, those little filters are going to need to be replace almost daily. Make sure the water overflows into the tank when the filters get clogged (being an AIO, it should, just make sure).
You might want to use really cheap filter socks that won't catch as much and therefore won't clog as often and make sure your skimmer is up for the job.

Fredinva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He said he was using a 20 aio for a qt tank. Do ppl put skimmers on their qt tanks? I've got a 32 AIO reef tank and it has 2 separate filter areas for bio media and sponge or floss. I only change floss in the filter boxes about once a month, taking turns between the two boxes. It's added biological filtration in each area.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back