Quarantined clam

ecolyer325

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 1, 2017
Messages
15
Reaction score
31
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just picked up a maxima clam over the weekend, first clam by the way. Right now he is in my invert quarantine tank. I got a couple worms, some bubble algae and just some other crap off of him. As I was looking at him I saw a feather duster growing on him. I got the best pictures i can, but should I just leave the duster there or try to get it off?

And I do not know why I refer to the clam as 'he/him'
9105ddd829132dce4b38bc38cf128e24.jpg
02871dacefe98caa2cc20b6f7f288124.jpg
8ece51de4a51d04454b1275a3e2936e3.jpg
 
The feather duster could irritate the mantle to the point it won’t open fully. I would take it off personally.
 
The feather duster could irritate the mantle to the point it won’t open fully. I would take it off personally.
Agree. It doesn’t help the clam, so for that I say it goes!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 41 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new