Quarantining pipefish

Uptowngirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two wild caught pipefish in quarantine along with a yellow head jawfish. Just observation right now. I got them in yesterday with all intentions of quarantining them and already one day in I’m nervous they are gonna starve. I am hatching brine shrimp and adding several times daily but I haven’t seen them eat. Which isn’t to say that they haven’t eaten, I just haven’t witnessed it. At what point should I just stick them in my dt where they have a huge pod population? Or is there a faster way to see if they have anything bad I don’t want to put in my tank?
Only 1 other fish in my dt was quarantined

OP
OP
Uptowngirl

Uptowngirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright I think I’ll pick up some pods tonight and add some each day. How do I even know if pipefish have parasites or anything? Are they a special case like seahorses?

Pistol Peet

Reefing , family ,God, country.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright I think I’ll pick up some pods tonight and add some each day. How do I even know if pipefish have parasites or anything? Are they a special case like seahorses?
I know they say to quarantine every fish that comes in however a pipefish is not one that I would recommend quarantining very specialized diet and behavior and flow conditions needed and need a stablished mature tank for sure even then they don't always survive most of the time they still go missing in your tank never to be seen again

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back