Quarantining pipefish

Uptowngirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two wild caught pipefish in quarantine along with a yellow head jawfish. Just observation right now. I got them in yesterday with all intentions of quarantining them and already one day in I’m nervous they are gonna starve. I am hatching brine shrimp and adding several times daily but I haven’t seen them eat. Which isn’t to say that they haven’t eaten, I just haven’t witnessed it. At what point should I just stick them in my dt where they have a huge pod population? Or is there a faster way to see if they have anything bad I don’t want to put in my tank?
Only 1 other fish in my dt was quarantined

OP
OP
Uptowngirl

Uptowngirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright I think I’ll pick up some pods tonight and add some each day. How do I even know if pipefish have parasites or anything? Are they a special case like seahorses?

Pistol Peet

Reefing , family ,God, country.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright I think I’ll pick up some pods tonight and add some each day. How do I even know if pipefish have parasites or anything? Are they a special case like seahorses?
I know they say to quarantine every fish that comes in however a pipefish is not one that I would recommend quarantining very specialized diet and behavior and flow conditions needed and need a stablished mature tank for sure even then they don't always survive most of the time they still go missing in your tank never to be seen again

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back