Question-165w Viparspectra Over 25g Nano Cube

Chillenlikeavillain

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 13, 2018
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Idaho
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I’ve been running this light for about 3 weeks now and I have it sitting about 10” from the surface of the water. I have the blues at 39% and whites at 13%. Started at about 5% and 1%. Right now I have sps near the top(monti cap, monti Digi, stylo, acros) and lps near the middle/bottom(lords, maze brain, hammer/frogspawn) and a frag of Palys.

Right now I’m not sure if I should leave the intensities where they are or if I should keep raising it. I’m trying to focus on growth for all the corals.

If anyone has any experience running these black boxes over a nano I’d appreciate the help!

IMG_4113.JPG
IMG_4116.JPG
 
I had a similar light over a 20L reef. The lights can easily overpower a small tank like that. Soft corals and lps are good indicators of light their light needs, if you see your polyps reaching towards the light then continue to turn them up gradually. One you ge the light lighting all you can really do is wait and watch the sps. The best way to tell if they are getting too much light is to keep an eye out for them turning white and bleaching. Sometimes it’s hard to see with the lights on so take a look a at the corals with no lights once and a while to check for white spots. If everything seems happy and growing then I wouldn’t mess with the lights too much. A lot of people say corals will adapt to different lighting intensity’s and prefer stability over perfect lighting par.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new