Question about Artfully Acrylic lids and Dwarf Golden Eel

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bfirecat
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bfirecat

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2019
Messages
12
Reaction score
5
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

I have a 525XL that's cycling.
Eventually, I'd like to get a dwarf golden eel.

I've read "tight fitted lid" to prevent escape, will the Artfully Acrylic ones do the trick for these eels?

There's probably a 1cm space around the overflow cutout, and the rest of the tank has a a 1/2 cm space around it.

Any input would be much appreciated!
 
Don't underestimate the strength of eels to push open a lid if not secured strongly at multiple points.
 
I'm not familiar with the Artfully Acrylic lids but my Octoaquatic lids are really heavy. I would be a little concerned if I had a larger eel but I don't know about the tiny Golden Dwarfs. @Big G do you think the Golden Dwarf's are strong enough to lift one of those lids (mine are 2'x2').
 
Hey man, I did not get the dwarfs because of the small gaps in my lid. I'd rather not risk it with them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new