Question about brs rodi 75 gpd plus

wtusa1783

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im getting a brs 4 stage plus rodi unit from someone who has only ran about 100 gallons through it for $100. I have some questions. Do you guys like your brs rodi unit? Can I attach it to my faucet?

NewCaliCaptives

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you can attach it to your faucet! I have mine connected to the cold water washer hookup, draining in the washer drain. I have the 6 stage deluxe 75gpd and I love it. Takes my 500+ ppm city water and brings it to 0! You won’t be disappointed and if your city uses chloramines you’ll want at least 2 carbon stages and 2 DI stages to successfully remove.

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I have the 4 stage brs unit love it does the job well and yes you can attach to faucet. I added another canister to mine to make it a 5 stage my water here is a little rough.

OP
OP
wtusa1783

wtusa1783

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you can attach it to your faucet! I have mine connected to the cold water washer hookup, draining in the washer drain. I have the 6 stage deluxe 75gpd and I love it. Takes my 500+ ppm city water and brings it to 0! You won’t be disappointed and if your city uses chloramines you’ll want at least 2 carbon stages and 2 DI stages to successfully remove.
Cool. How do I make them carbon and di if they aren’t?

NewCaliCaptives

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool. How do I make them carbon and di if they aren’t?

it looks like the 4 stage has a single carbon and di stage. You may find this to be enough to give you 0 tds water! If not, you can order a double di stage that you mount next to it easily. It really is only necessary if you can’t get clean water with what you already have though. Get yourself a TDS meter so you can see, DI water should come out 0 when it’s all through.

OP
OP
wtusa1783

wtusa1783

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it looks like the 4 stage has a single carbon and di stage. You may find this to be enough to give you 0 tds water! If not, you can order a double di stage that you mount next to it easily. It really is only necessary if you can’t get clean water with what you already have though. Get yourself a TDS meter so you can see, DI water should come out 0 when it’s all through.
I’m getting it from a guy who has run 150 gallons through it. He says it gives him 0tds. It’s the plus model so it has the tds meter built in

NewCaliCaptives

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s what I’m talking about, you can see my first unit looks like yours, but where your DI stage is I have a second carbon filter, and the DI stages are on the second unit

A0CC33C3-E83C-4205-8483-2A2402CE4075.jpeg

splitting_lanes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m getting it from a guy who has run 150 gallons through it. He says it gives him 0tds. It’s the plus model so it has the tds meter built in
You’re good to go. I use the six (actually a split 5 stage) unit and have it connected under the sink with a faucet for drinking water and a tds meter. best drinking water, makes great coffee and ice, and the rodi water is zero tds for about 6-8 months between filter and resin changes.

OP
OP
wtusa1783

wtusa1783

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re good to go. I use the six (actually a split 5 stage) unit and have it connected under the sink with a faucet for drinking water and a tds meter. best drinking water, makes great coffee and ice, and the rodi water is zero tds for about 6-8 months between filter and resin changes.
Ok. How do you connect it to the sink?

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. How do you connect it to the sink?
This is the easiest way. Use this piece.

I also highly recommend getting the upgrade kit and the booster pump.

OP
OP
wtusa1783

wtusa1783

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the easiest way. Use this piece.

I also highly recommend getting the upgrade kit and the booster pump.
Ok I’m definitely getting the faucet attachment. What are the benefits of the other two?

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At 0 tds? How’s your memberane life? If your water pressure is good there is no need for a booster pump right? Interesting.
You have to have over 60psi for the 150 gallon per day upgrade. I was at 50. My TDS is only 22 to begin. It reads 0 going in and 0 coming out. I haven't seen any color change in DI resin and still 0 TDS after 2 months of 30 - 40 gallons a week. I use the 200 gallon a day upgrade and 4 stage unit. I now run 90 psi.

NewCaliCaptives

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to have over 60psi for the 150 gallon per day upgrade. I was at 50. My TDS is only 22 to begin. It reads 0 going in and 0 coming out. I haven't seen any color change in DI resin and still 0 TDS after 2 months of 30 - 40 gallons a week. I use the 200 gallon a day upgrade and 4 stage unit. I now run 90 psi.
Man are you lucky!!! My tds going in is sometimes over 500 and I also have to filter out chloramines. My only win is my homes water pressure is right below 80psi

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man are you lucky!!! My tds going in is sometimes over 500 and I also have to filter out chloramines. My only win is my homes water pressure is right below 80psi
Yes, but my 22 TDS is copper, uranium, and radon. NO3 and PO4 have spiked recently as well in our tap water. TDS is just a number, you need to find out what those TDS are. Mine are tank killers and outright cancerous.

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As its a used unit just make sure you get all the connection fittings that came with it.

I like the BRS units. I do not drink all the BRS koolaid but I feel when it comes to there RO/DI units they are #1.

I would order replacements for the stages to have on hand and I would also run the unit for an hour before you start collecting the water.

Also make sure your TDS probes are properly aligned.
Moving the systems around they have a tendancy to get twisted.
Looking through the T fitting, the pins need to be on the left and right hand sides, not parallel with it in the center of the T.

OP
OP
wtusa1783

wtusa1783

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As its a used unit just make sure you get all the connection fittings that came with it.

I like the BRS units. I do not drink all the BRS koolaid but I feel when it comes to there RO/DI units they are #1.

I would order replacements for the stages to have on hand and I would also run the unit for an hour before you start collecting the water.

Also make sure your TDS probes are properly aligned.
Moving the systems around they have a tendancy to get twisted.
Looking through the T fitting, the pins need to be on the left and right hand sides, not parallel with it in the center of the T.
What does it come with?

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you purcase the kit from BRS
You get a bag that has mutiple fittings to connect the unit to various water sources.
There is the hose barb fitting, a faucet fitting, a copper piercing fitting, and maybe one or two more if I remember correctly.

Its the same connection package they have had for a long time.
Go take a look at the site, they have the info and pictures.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.3%
Back