Question about Clownfish feeding anenome

hrdneglcry

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2022
Messages
718
Reaction score
212
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today my Maroon Clown pulled something off of the bottom in the tank and put it in the RBTA. The tank had not been fed since last night. Then she pulled it out and put it in better. I started thinking maybe it was my Emeral Crab since there was nothing in the tank I could see the Anenome eating. I put my finger in not wanting the crab to be eaten and it was not the crab. It was a small rock. Just a small piece if broken dead coral and some coraline cover rock. Is this normal? What if I hadn't pulled it out?
 
If the nem was "eating" it there must have been some food value that it detected and was enjoying. The Clownfish is designed to serve the anemone. Keep your hands out! If that crab dies the clownfish may eat some but the rest could get fed to the nem, and it will keep your tank clean instead of having a rotten carcass polluting the tank.
HTH>
 
It was a rock. It was only a rock. And the nemnwas attempting to eat it. I pulled it out. There was nothing on it. Like a marble.
 
It was a rock. It was only a rock. And the nemnwas attempting to eat it. I pulled it out. There was nothing on it. Like a marble.
Maybe the nem told the Clownfish; "Hey I think I have lost my marbles!" :) It would spit it out later when it was done.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new