Question about gigantea anemone

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ufjd144
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ufjd144

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 2, 2018
Messages
50
Reaction score
68
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if anyone has ever had issues with a rather large carpet anemone leading to multiple coral death. I have been told that it could be very possible that it is releasing some sort of toxin into the water, however, I am not really convinced. My GSP seems to be doing ok and still growing. The green and red mushrooms are also still doing fine. Lastly, the fish have been fine too.


AD7A3BE2-B6DC-4BE7-B27D-0E8A93ACD07D.jpeg
 
I've heard there can be chemical warfare between nems. Haven't experienced it myself. May want to run some carbon to be on the safe side.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new