Question about hippo tang

USNDoc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 125 gallon aquarium with rock sand two open brain coral coral beauty angelfish And hippo tang and then hermit crabs and snails on my parameters are normal but my hippo tang when she does swim she likes to swim into everything and then also when she swims she constantly not only runs into things but constantly constantly goes to the surface as if she's gasping for air. Not only that she likes the stay at the bottom of the tank when not swimming but in the back right corner does anybody have any suggestions or insight or info

CrystalD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 125 gallon aquarium with rock sand two open brain coral coral beauty angelfish And hippo tang and then hermit crabs and snails on my parameters are normal but my hippo tang when she does swim she likes to swim into everything and then also when she swims she constantly not only runs into things but constantly constantly goes to the surface as if she's gasping for air. Not only that she likes the stay at the bottom of the tank when not swimming but in the back right corner does anybody have any suggestions or insight or info
Hi,
I have a hippo tang and they tend to have a nervous personality. When I approach my tank, he or she is ducking for cover where ever that cover may be. When I first got her, she tended to lay on the floor in the corner. You didn't say how long you have had the fish?

I hope that helps.

Crystal

OP
OP
U

USNDoc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first got mine she's perfectly fine swimming all over the place wasn't running into anything never ever went out to the surface and then she got ich I put her in the hospital thank we thought it was ich which it definitely possibly was but she also had lateral line she started eating everything looked normal and put her back in the display tank and then she started acting like this now she did act like this in the hospital tank to. But not as much in the hospital tank she mainly stayed in the corner definitely but not so much gas thing for air it looks

OP
OP
U

USNDoc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the fish since about September October

OP
OP
U

USNDoc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean to me right now she puts the new meaning to the word retarded and stupid and like Dori ask on finding Nemo that's pretty much yet wondering if she's making those well calls when she comes up LOL

CrystalD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give her a couple of days to gather herself, you said she was behaving normally and got sick. She has been stressed with the transfers enjoy the show. :)
Crystal

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back