Question about ICH

chrissohk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I had ICH a couple months in my tank where one fish died. I leftthe rest of my fish (3 bangal cardinals, six line wrasse) in the tank as they did not show any symptoms and were eating perfectly fine and are still alive at the moment. I am looking to add new fish but am just wondering if the ICH will still be prevalent within the tank even if my current fish are perfectly fine?

Thanks in advance.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I had ICH a couple months in my tank where one fish died. I leftthe rest of my fish (3 bangal cardinals, six line wrasse) in the tank as they did not show any symptoms and were eating perfectly fine and are still alive at the moment. I am looking to add new fish but am just wondering if the ICH will still be prevalent within the tank even if my current fish are perfectly fine?

Thanks in advance.
That is a tough call. Are you 100% certain that it as ich? In typical infections, if one fish dies, the rest of the fish follow suit (unless treated of course).
If you fish did die from ich, and the others recovered on their own with no treatment, your tank is in what is called ich management: the fish in the tank are managing to stave off the infection. Adding a new fish often opens it up to getting sick.
Jay

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back