Question about lighting for a 40b coral only tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter AUfishguy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AUfishguy

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 12, 2014
Messages
29
Reaction score
5
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got a drilled 40 breeder and I plan to use it as a coral tank only. Mostly SPS and some lps. I found this light an evergrow it2040 on craigslist new in box for $200 but its dimensions are only 15.7 inches x 8.2 inches x 2.5inches. Is this big enough for the 40 or do I need something closer to the length of the tank. Also any recs on lighting is appreciated. I linked the light below


EverGrow IT2040 - Reef Radiance
 
Na, you'll be ok with that light, get it up a bit off the tank and it will spread nicely.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new