question about long dosing line (AWC system)

M4sonic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next year i wil be remodeling the living room and upgrading my tank.
Now since the floor will be pulled out i was thinking of putting a pvc tube in the floor to hold 3 dosing lines (Rodi,waste,salt) so i can have a awc system.
my water station would be about 30feet from the tank (no ups or downs) but i will never be able to reach the lines in the floor again (concrete floor)
Would this present problems in the long run?

Technically i could come in from the outside but i would have to contend with freezing in winter and a height difference since i would need to go up and over a couple doors and windows.

Toughts?

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The salt water to the tank line might plug over time. My 1/4” line does. You might want a way to flush the line OR filter the salt water storage water.

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The salt water to the tank line might plug over time. My 1/4” line does. You might want a way to flush the line OR filter the salt water storage water.

Same problem here from NSW crud.

OP you could just periodically flush with citric acid but I like the idea of having a pull string to run a new one if needed.

OP
OP
M

M4sonic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i thought about a pullstring but im not sure how well it would work since silicone hoses are quite grippy. i could pre-lube with some vaseline maybe.

could a filternet infront of the outlet help in keeping the line open? i could also go 1 size up maybe...

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i thought about a pullstring but im not sure how well it would work since silicone hoses are quite grippy. i could pre-lube with some vaseline maybe.

could a filternet infront of the outlet help in keeping the line open? i could also go 1 size up maybe...

I use 1/4” RO tubing it pulls really easy

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’ve always used the plastic ro tubing. Is there a reason you plan on running silicone tubing the whole way?
ETA- you can use wire pulling lube to make any future pulls easier.

OP
OP
M

M4sonic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use 1/4” RO tubing it pulls really easy

I’ve always used the plastic ro tubing. Is there a reason you plan on running silicone tubing the whole way?
ETA- you can use wire pulling lube to make any future pulls easier.
no reason, i seemed to have forgotten RO tube exists x)
If you have been going over the same idea and problems for months you start forgetting the easiest of solutions.

thanks!

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my ATO, AWC and dosing pumps in my garage which is 35ft from the tank. I ran lines through PVC conduit in the attic and down inside the wall beside the tank. I have been using them for 7 years now. I used the RODI type tubing. All the pumps are also in the garage. I use dosing pumps. The drain pump pulls water from the sump to get pump in the garage then back up through the attic and down the wall to the drain on the kitchen sink. The RODI unit in the garage waste line and feed line are in the same PVC conduit going to and from then kitchen sink. There is a shut off valve under the kitchen sink for the RODI. I even have a shutoff valve for it in the garage also.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back