Question about over flows

p woodard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it better to have a tank drilled or get a over flow box the tank in question is not RR and a friend would like to put a sump on it I remember someone saying that AC will drill for a price

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Safer to have drilled. Although overflows work well but there is a chance that they will fail and cause a flood.

Loki

My skimmate doesn't stink
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drill it! You can do it yourself. It's easy.

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just make sure it's not tempered if you decide to drill it. If it is it will bust into tiny pieces if you try.
If it isn't tempered I'd say drill it.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After having both. Internal overflows are way better. But before you drill be sure to Google the "beananimal overflow" trust me. Its worth the effort.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it better to have a tank drilled or get a over flow box the tank in question is not RR and a friend would like to put a sump on it I remember someone saying that AC will drill for a price
AC Has a dril Press that make drilling safer and easy to do, They charge by the hole and Chris has never broke a tank that i know of.
Bill

Reefer5060

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in the same situation, I went with drilling and the glass holes kit . It was a little like driving over an old bridge a little bit of pucker till u get though then you realize that wasn't so bad ! If you want I'll pm you my number and I can tell you all about the first time drilling if you don decide to drill the kit that I mentioned above is awesome it came with a guide for the big drain but not the return but I made one so I u want just let me know. I'll be happy to tell you all about the first drilling .

mrcoffee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
having had water on the floor I say go with the bean overflows as you will have a fail proof tank after that.

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
drilled is best .. but if u cant and need a overflow i suggest not buying an expensive unit that needs an aqualifter to work and instead going with a diy pvc overflow .. ive used few of them and still do on my 150 and never had any overflow issues or even close if built right they work great for cheap ... but go with drilled if u can because anything is possible ... but if u need more advice or info on the pvc overflows or wanna come see mine in action pm me. trust me ive put mine through a lot of tests to check for break syphon problems. i even emptied the tank for 4 days moved it across the room and never had to restart the syphon on it.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.2%
Back