question about Pallys

Greatreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question:
I have an a ton of sand pallys in my DT and I want them gone. They are super aggressive and have taken over half of my 80 gallon DT.
How does one dispose of toxic corals safely?
I've been told by some to just throw them away including the rocks, but to me, that doesn't seem very safe because then others could come in contact with Pally toxin. Does anyone know if there is a way to neutralize the toxin?

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bleach. I used to have a link to the CDC publication, but seems they moved it. Did find this article while i was trying to find it and they reference the CDC bleach recommendation.

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a ton of miss information out there regarding this, can you post a reliable source?
Like talon said bleach the rocks. Then lay them out in the sun. Or that’s what I always did. Sunlight will break down most of the stuff that’s toxic. Or at least it has in my experience. Dad always bleached his rock abd left it in the sun on our porch. I’m using it now with no issues.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 52 55.9%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%

Back