Question about protein skimmer

  • Thread starter Thread starter nport19
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nport19

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2015
Messages
242
Reaction score
28
Location
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 29gallon bio cube tank with a coralife skimmer and I was wondering if any one has had experience with replacing the air stone in them and how often to do that.
 
I have seen them last 3 mths. I have also seen them last less than that. I own a coralife 29g biocube as well and I used the aquaticlife 115 skimmer on mine in the 1st chamber. It works really well for the price. The coralife skimmers I have read are not very good, but I never used one so can't give personal exp. A friend replaced his every 2 mths because that's when he noticed the performance started to degrade from there.
 
I have had mine for about 5 months now. Its working great for my tank. What do you have in your 29g cube?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new