Question about Stand

paradizecityz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never had a tank and sump before, always All in Ones and the stands for the AIOs usually has a solid wood board that it sits in. I just bought a Planet Aquarium 120 gallon tank with sump. I was looking at the stand and noticed that it's open in the center and the aquarium is sitting on the corners, is that normal or should there be a brace in the middle to hold the glass? Sorry, don't have pics now but can get some once I'm off work

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I've never had a tank and sump before, always All in Ones and the stands for the AIOs usually has a solid wood board that it sits in. I just bought a Planet Aquarium 120 gallon tank with sump. I was looking at the stand and noticed that it's open in the center and the aquarium is sitting on the corners, is that normal or should there be a brace in the middle to hold the glass? Sorry, don't have pics now but can get some once I'm off work
Lately that is a norm, however you can always feel free and to add both in the front and the back

OP
OP
P

paradizecityz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I meant. No solid wood under for it to sit on or brace in between. Also, instead of saying it sits on the corners, I meant the edge around the tank.
I also noticed that the bottom glass isn’t flush so even if he adds a brace, the glass won’t be sitting on it so I think that would be useless as well…

91E82FBE-4EED-4CB7-AFDB-A4EA5490112C.jpeg 4BB68104-131B-40D8-899C-BFE3C56D2154.jpeg

Jbell370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rimmed tank only requires it to sit around the perimeter. No need to modify if that is a factory stand, I personally prefer the open middle to make working in the sump and removing cleaning equipment there easier.

OP
OP
P

paradizecityz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rimmed tank only requires it to sit around the perimeter. No need to modify if that is a factory stand, I personally prefer the open middle to make working in the sump and removing cleaning equipment there easier.
Thank you! It’s a custom stand and not factory but what you said, makes sense

fisherc92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a 40 gal AIO cube that i just ha d a stand made for. its a steel stand and its a 22x22 cube. the stand is "hollow" as in it only sits on the edge. Should i put a board on it?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 69 52.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back