Question about Stichodactyla haddoni

  • Thread starter Thread starter wendigo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

wendigo

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2026
Messages
33
Reaction score
18
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question to those who own a Carpet Anemone,

What are the requirements for a Small Carpet, currently have a 15 gallon tank and 25 gallon tank, firstly i wanna add the carpet on the 15 then transfer him later on to the 25 gallon would it be fine to have him temporarily on the 15 gallon as he grows bigger and bigger or should I just avoid and just buy a bubble tip anemone, just wanna hear your experiences with them because it's one of my goals to eventually own one.

Thank you.
 
Seems ok to me, but they get big (it may outgrow the 25) and are fish eaters. I avoid haddoni for that reason.
I have a 25 G Lagoon just to clarify i didn't specify sorry, yeah I did hear about that.
but just wanted to see if its okay to do that.
 
If you can find a small haddoni and provide a deep sand bed (3"+ depth), I think a lagoon tank would be a perfect way to showcase the anemone. I envision a small rock structure along the back and lots of sand in front for the haddoni to dig into. It'll dig down into the sand and attach its foot to the bottom of the tank.
 
If you can find a small haddoni and provide a deep sand bed (3"+ depth), I think a lagoon tank would be a perfect way to showcase the anemone. I envision a small rock structure along the back and lots of sand in front for the haddoni to dig into. It'll dig down into the sand and attach its foot to the bottom of the tank.
The only thing is that my 15 tank is more matured than my 25 lagoon tank so that's why I wanna add it to my 15 temporarily and once my 25 is matured enough add it to the lagoon just wanted to hear to see if it was okay to do.
 
The only thing is that my 15 tank is more matured than my 25 lagoon tank so that's why I wanna add it to my 15 temporarily and once my 25 is matured enough add it to the lagoon just wanted to hear to see if it was okay to do.
It's possible, but removing the haddoni from the 15 gallon might be difficult. You definitely don't want to rip its foot.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new