Question about White polyp Monti

  • Thread starter Thread starter GoodKat
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

GoodKat

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2018
Messages
109
Reaction score
79
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I keep some pretty basic SPS like the white polyp Monti. Tank has been running for a year and all seems fine. This morning I woke up to part of my Monti covered in a think slime. Any ideas what this is or what it means?

If it's definitely not a product of the coral I'll post more info. Here is a picture.

15406839648411906724647559339039.jpg
 
I would remove the slime and for the most part is an indication of too little water flow to your Monti.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new