Question for all Borbonius Anthias Owners....

bushh23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible that one of these little guys can pair with a pistol shrimp? I have a large red Japanese pistol shrimp and it seems as though one of my anthias is sharing his hole. Then while feeding today i saw that he was standing guard near the entrance to the pistol shrimps hole as the shrimp was gathering some of the flake in the water. Then i fed my dendros right next to him and could've grabbed him with the tongs and he wouldn't have cared. He was staying there still and didn't mind my feeder tongs or hand right next to him. Is it possible that he paired up with the pistol shrimp? I've heard of gobies doing this but not anthias. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

droblack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe they are just sharing the same hole and have not paired.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats odd.....You need to get this on video so you can show it around, I am sure that it would be a hit cause everything I have found on them says that is not normal behavior...Plus it would be sweet to see....

killingseed2000

hobo of time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a lot of differnt fish , i guess, feel safe in the same cave or hole as a pistol shirmp. they may not pair up and share food but will hang out. i had a couple fish do that and the goby would give it food but no one else. they just feel safe with it.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back