Question for Aqueon Dual Megaflow Owners

ENVY

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased a new 125 Aqueon Reef Ready Tank. I see there is two plastic pop out slots on each mega-flow for which you choose which side the returns are on. So fellow owners, What is the best side to put the returns with loc-line? the outerside (towards the glass) or the inner side (closer to the middle)? Any reason for your choice?

I just don't want to find out later that one side might have some advantage with having a bit better flow or cleaner look. Thanks!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may seem like a ridiculous request, but after you pop your tab out...can I have it?

Which one you choose is really going to depend on your sump and plumbing. I just choose whichever is easier to plumb.

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll usually have a notch in your weir to the inside. That's where the return goes so a glass top will slide over it. My bottom is drilled for 4 1" bulkheads yours maybe drilled for (2) 1" & (2) 3/4"

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running a Herbie drain system with returns over the middle back is a really good idea. I don't like the stock gurgling in the drain.

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello Aqueon MegaFlow owners =)

This tank is a a great value for the size, but hows the glass clarity? I can't imagine it's low-iron glass for this price, but can anyone comment that maybe has one or has own a low-iron glass? I'm sure the glass is great and clear, but really an comparison to low-iron.

Glass is one of those things that is hard to skimp on since it's your view into your tank world. All the time and money thrown into have vibrant coral and not having clarity is the risk. I have a 4 ft sapphire tank now, but going 6 w/ sapphire glass is $$$$$. Thanks guys!

MJ in Boise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both my returns are plumbed to the right, drains on the left. Im curious how much a 6' low iron tank goes for.

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello Aqueon MegaFlow owners =)

This tank is a a great value for the size, but hows the glass clarity? I can't imagine it's low-iron glass for this price, but can anyone comment that maybe has one or has own a low-iron glass? I'm sure the glass is great and clear, but really an comparison to low-iron.

Glass is one of those things that is hard to skimp on since it's your view into your tank world. All the time and money thrown into have vibrant coral and not having clarity is the risk. I have a 4 ft sapphire tank now, but going 6 w/ sapphire glass is $$$$$. Thanks guys!

Well it depends. Aqueon is a super budget friendly price point & I've had great tanks from them. A $1200 210 aqueon vs a $2200 sapphire from say plant aquariums. Imo no it does not justify the cost.

Now if you already ordering from say planet aquariums then it's only a $200-$300 up charge so that's worth it imo.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back