Question for Aqueon Dual Megaflow Owners

ENVY

View Badges
Reaction score
Purchased a new 125 Aqueon Reef Ready Tank. I see there is two plastic pop out slots on each mega-flow for which you choose which side the returns are on. So fellow owners, What is the best side to put the returns with loc-line? the outerside (towards the glass) or the inner side (closer to the middle)? Any reason for your choice?

I just don't want to find out later that one side might have some advantage with having a bit better flow or cleaner look. Thanks!

Crabs McJones

Mayor Of Reef2Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
This may seem like a ridiculous request, but after you pop your tab out...can I have it?

Which one you choose is really going to depend on your sump and plumbing. I just choose whichever is easier to plumb.

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
You'll usually have a notch in your weir to the inside. That's where the return goes so a glass top will slide over it. My bottom is drilled for 4 1" bulkheads yours maybe drilled for (2) 1" & (2) 3/4"

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Running a Herbie drain system with returns over the middle back is a really good idea. I don't like the stock gurgling in the drain.

Billldg

Oh, that's the way, uh-huh uh-huh I like it
View Badges
Reaction score
I agree with @Crabs McJones , which side you choose depends on your sump and plumbing setup. You can look at my build thread and see how I did mine.

Congrats on the new tank!!!

How LOYAL are you to your salt brand for your reef tank?

• I will never switch salts

Votes: 39 8.9%
  • It would take a lot for me to switch

Votes: 116 26.4%
  • I would switch depending on the reason

Votes: 185 42.0%
  • I could easily be persuaded to switch

Votes: 37 8.4%
  • I have no loyality to my salt

Votes: 63 14.3%

Online statistics

Members online