Question for Claude

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Claude I recently watched your live stream with ReefBum, that was super, super interesting.

My question is this - I have been using Balling Light for about 6-7 years. I am happy with the system. However my pH always ranges between about 7.9 and 8.1 depending on time of day. I am wondering your thoughts on the current trend of higher pH. About two months ago I started dosing kalkwasser along with Balling Light, which has raised my pH overall about 0.1-0.15. At least in the short term I do believe I am seeing more growth. I am curious if Fauna Marin has any potential plans of making a new carbonate formula with higher pH increase compared to the current standard formula? Maybe some combination of carbonate and hydroxide, or something along those lines? Or if perhaps you think this higher pH is completely unnecessary?

Obviously just sticking to Balling Light system would be easier than adding in kalkwasser full time.

Thank you

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi , The PH is for wintertime ok and normal. When you take air from outside you will get a higher pH. We do not recommend such solutions due to the issue of producing precipitations. Is there any issues with your corals ?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back